The 2018 Stephen Proctor Fellowship will be awarded to an International artist
- Applicant should be a practicing artist seeking time to develop their work, undertake research and/or technical experimentation around a specific project as highlighted in their fellowship application proposal.
- The Fellowship proposal should outline the nature of the intended travel: it should communicate the connections between the overseas activities, the ongoing artist’s practice and the 2018 residency project.
- The successful applicant will be selected based on artistic merit and the relevance of the fellowship proposal.
- Travel can commence anytime from the end of February 2018.
- The residency at the School of Art & Design must take place in 2018. The duration of the residency is 4 to 8 weeks, and must partly take place during the academic teaching period. The dates of the residency will be negotiated with ANU staff according to the successful project’s time frame.
- The Fellow will be provided with on-campus accommodation, studio space and scheduled use of equipment to carry out their work. Limited supplies will be provided.
- The Fellow will be expected to have direct interaction with students through workshops and/or seminars, critiques, tutorials, and presentations.
Closing date: Monday 3 October 2017 17:00 AEST (GMT + 10:00)
All applications must be submitted through the online application form below:
Before you commence, make sure you have:
- Ensured that you are eligible for this year's fellowship. (You are an International artist)
Prepared a four page PDF document (your Application Document) that contains:
- Page 1: a current resume (maximum 1 page)
- Page 2: an artist statement (maximum 1 page)
- Page 3: a one-page proposal (or statement) explaining how the Fellowship will benefit your artistic development and what you intend to accomplish during the residency period. Please indicate the primary techniques you would employ during the Fellowship period. (maximum 1 page)
- Page 4: A numbered list of images provided. Details should include title of piece, description/technique, dimensions and date. They should be numbered in the order that they appear in your PowerPoint.
- Instructions for creating a PDF document from a Microsoft Office document can be found at Office.com
- Maximum file size is 5MB
- Prepared a PowerPoint Presentation of 10 digital images of your work. Include only 1 image per slide on a black background and do not include text or labels. Images should be formatted as jpeg and kept to 1MB each. (Maximum upload size of .ppt and .pptx files is 15MB) Please use image No.10 to best represent the work you would pursue during the Fellowship.
- Up to 3 additional files may be submitted. These may include catalogues, reviews and reprints. (Allowed file types are jpg, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, Maximum file size is 5MB each)
- The contact information of two referees including email addresses and phone numbers.Written letters of recommendation from referees are not required.